Introductory and Technical Information
- ERG-SX series gas pressure regulators are used in the gas lines in order to reduce maximum 6 bar input pressure to the desired output pressure between 16 and 350 mbar. The range of the output pressure can be set with the choice of a different spring.
- Usage: The below and above ground service boxes in the gas networks and gas pipelines in the civic networks and industrial fields.
- Fluid Type: Second Family Group H Medium ‐ Non‐corrosive gases such as Natural Gas (Methane), LPG, Propane, Butane, Town Gas, Air, etc…
- Pressure Class: PN4 and PN6
- Inlet Connection or Port Size: 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″ ISO 228 / 1 BSPP – ISO 228 / 1 BSPT – ANSI / ASME B 1.20.1 NPT Threaded (Female)
- Outlet Connection or Port Size: 1″, 11/4″, 11/2″, 2″ ISO 228 / 1 BSPP – ISO 228 / 1 BSPT – ANSI / ASME B 1.20.1 NPT Threaded (Female)
- Inlet Pressure Range: 0,5 bar up to 6 bar
- Outlet Pressure Range: 16 mbar up to 350 mbar
- Flow Range: 6‐10‐15 SCM/H
- Filter: Bronze mech metalic filter
- Number of Stages: Double Stage
- Accuracy Class: AC 10 (± 10%) (On request AC5)
- Closing Tolerance: SG20 (+ 20%)
- Ambient Temperature: ‐20°C up to 60°C (On request -40 °C)
- Angle Type: 90° or U
- Relief Pressure: Based on customer demand
- Relief Pressure Tolerance: ± 10%
- UPSO: Exceed flow valve (between capacity’s 120% to 150%) based on customer demand
- UPSO Pressure Tolerance: ± 10%
- Structural Additional Features: With UPSO, with relief valve
- Material Standard: Aluminum - EN 1706, Brass - EN 12164, Rubber - EN 549
- Materials: Body and cover EN AC-46100 Aluminum, Plastic material Nylon or POM, rubber material NBR
ERG-SX series, equipped with the discharge safety ventile, double connection (conical spheric connection), double grade, PN4 and PN6 nominal pressured gas pressure regulators are used below and above ground service boxes.
These are the safe, high-performance, long-life gas armatures that can reduce many gas input pressure up to the allowed nominal pressure at the output and hold it stable within certain tolerances at the reduced level.
The discharge safety ventile is positioned as closed on the network at normal operation conditions; it discharges the gas when the foreseen safety pressure (SP) is exceeded in the regulated gas line and turns of the gas discharge as leakproof when the safety pressure gets normal again. Thus, the devices used after the regulator are protected from any harm.
ERG-SX series regulators are equipped with the excess flow stopping safety equipment that can stop the gas flow by closing when they reach any flow rate between the 120% and 150% of their capacity. It is required for the safety stopping equipment to be re-adjusted manually as described below after the factors that cause stopping are removed for the gas flow in the system to be re-opened as the safety stopping got active and stopped the gas flow. The reasons for the flow rate in the regulators to reach between 120% and 150% can be cracks in the pipes or breaks in the pipes etc.