Introductory and Technical Information
- Usage: Home, office etc.
- Detects Gases: Methane (Natural Gas), LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas)
- Device Type: Type A (visual alarm, audible alarm and output signal)
- Operating Voltage: 230V AC 50‐60 Hz; ± %10
- Power Consumption: 3VA
- Protection Class: IPX2D
- Output Signal (relay contact): 230V AC/7A (normally open)
- Sensor Type: Semiconductor
- Calibration Time: 1 minute
- Response Time: 30 seconds
- Sound Intensity: 85Db
- Body Material: ABS
- Ambient Temperature Range: ‐10°C up to 50°C
- Operating Humidity: 10% – 90%
- Visual Warning: Green-System Enabled Error Yellow, Red-Alarm
EGD 01 model gas alarm device is an A type device, which complies with the EN 50194-1 standard, designed to be used at homes, offices and similar places to detect the explosive gases (natural gas and LPG). It is an electrical alarm device constantly working, set on a stable place and which creates an output signal that activates the stopper and/or auxiliary device with a visual and audial warning. It works with 230V AC 50/60 Hz network voltage. It makes the devices like horn, siren, gas stopping valve in case of an alarm thanks to its output contact.
The limit of the concentration level of the gases in the environment at which explosion or sparkling is called Lower Explosion Limit (LEL) the LEL level of the natural gas is 5% and the LEL of the LPG is 2%; the gas alarm device starts audial and lightened (visual) warning before the gas leak reaches one-fifth of this value. Visual and audible alarm is received between the 3% LEL volume rate and 20% LEL volume rate of the gas.
The alarm adjustment level of the device for natural gas is %0,5 (five in a thousand) or 5.000 ppm (five thousand in a million) (5%).
The alarm adjustment level of the device for LPG is % 0,2 (two in a thousand) or 2.000 ppm (two thousand in a million) (5%).
The device can’t detect the gases with hazardous effects such as carbon monoxide.
The visual and audible alarms of the gas detection device works within 30 seconds at most after the device is exposed to the gas volume it needs to detect..
The operation and feeding voltage of the product is 230VAC. The product can perform all its functions with 10% of the operation voltage.
The device must be kept away from the rain and water.